Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saludos de LAX- El 27 de Enero





Hola a todos. Saludos de LAX. Here I am, finally about to embark on this Chilean adventure that I have been planning for and talking about for so long. Unfortunately, this extensive planning didn’t actually include the packing park… Thanks to my absolute hatred for packing and my unparalleled ability to procrastinate, I ended up working until a little after three in the morning on Friday; just in time to get up at seven and drive to LA in rush hour traffic. Then I hobbled around LAX with my little family of awkward luggage: a giant suitcase that I could have smuggled at least a few small children in, a duffle bag that I literally had to strattle to zip up because it was so full and a thirty-pound backpack, packed so unevenly that it felt like I had a family of angry koalas on my back, plus a SECOND backpack and my purse. Of course the only shirt that hadn’t been packed happened to be long sleeved so I was nice and sweaty when it came time to get felt up in the security line. (It was good for me. Was it good for you?)

I wish I could share some video footage of me trying to maneuver myself around the airport for the first twenty minutes, but alas you’ll you have to use your imaginations. Alright, well I have a good 40 minutes before boarding. Sounds like time to blow up my inflatable travel pillow and take a napski. Besos! See you on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. LOL... sounds like me when I was moving to Brasil (except I had less bags). My mom dropped me off at the airport, and I barely got inside when somehow I just lost my balance with all the bags strapped on me and fell on my ass and couldn't get back up. Get the cart next time ;-)

    Love yoU!!

    ReplyDelete